Our Critical Home Repair services focuses primarily on repair and/or rehab projects that will improve the quality of life for the resident and provide a decent home to live in. Our Critical Home Repair program is a no-interest loan for homeowners in Washington or Dodge County to be used toward qualifying repairs while providing an affordable term for repayment. The loan amount is based on any materials and professionals hired to complete the repair, there is no charge for our staff or volunteer time. We like to think of it as a “hand-up, not a hand-out”.
Similar to other Habitat programs, eligible households for our Home Repair program need to demonstrate a 1) Willingness to partner, 2) Ability to pay, and 3) Need for assistance.
Exterior Repairs include: Window repair (screens, glass, glazing) and replacement, minor siding/ trim repair, door replacement, handicap accessibility ramp, replacement of steps/handrails for safety, weather stripping, painting, patching, minor repairs, landscaping in relations to drainage, or providing good and sound conditions, etc.
Interior work includes: Minor electrical and plumbing repairs, energy efficiency projects/insulation,
Habitat is always looking for volunteers and sponsors for this initiative, as well as applicants! Donations are used to purchase tools and all materials required to complete repair projects.
For more information, or questions please call our office at 262-338-0690 or see our program information brochure (PDF),
To Apply, please fill out this Application
Completed applications can be email, faxed or mailed to the following:
Address: Habitat for Humanity of Washington & Dodge Counties
601 Schoenhaar Dr. West Bend WI 53090
Want to help our with our CHR Program?
See Volunteer application here
What can we help?
Plan a volunteer day with your business, organization, friends, or family! Contact the Volunteer Coordinator by emailing email@example.com or by calling (262) 706-5484.
Donate materials or funds to make repairs and homeownership more accessible!
Am I eligible?
You must be able to meet all other family financial obligations
– Applicant must currently own and occupy the home that needs the work for at least two (2) years.
– Home must be in our service area and applicant must meet the income guidelines.
– Must be unable to afford necessary home improvements and unable to complete them due to age, disability, or circumstance.
– Applicant will agree to pay back a no-interest loan for the work done on their home.
– Applicant must be able to pay a 0% interest loan with affordable monthly payments. Payments will be based on applicant’s income and agreed upon at signing of contract.
– Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Washington and Dodge Counties.
2022 Income Guidelines
Use this chart to determine if you meet the income guidelines. Your family’s annual gross (before taxes) income must be below the maximum income shown in the chart below.